With apologies to Aerosmith (or the always fun Aerosmith/Run-DMC version), Joba's debut was not a good one last night. Some quick thoughts:
- I was surprised by the lack of control. Just nerves? Strange, though, as he's been super in high-pressure spots before.
- Could the build-up have gotten to him?
- I'm more concerned about the gaping hole in the bullpen than his eventual transition to starter.
- The bullpen caved last night, again.
- Could Michael Kay be any more breathless as the first pitch was delivered? Where were Suzyn Waldman's tears?
- Has Hank issued any ultimatums yet?
- I still believe in Joba
- Now that the first one is behind us, we can all dial it down a bit. Right? RIGHT?!?