Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Can Schilling just go away?

Note to Schilling: We're not all bitter and miserable.

Schilling ripped New Yorkers for reveling in the season-ending injury to Tom Brady - and then rubbed buckets of salt in the wounds of Yankees' fans in a nasty Boston radio appearance.

"The Yankees suck this year, and they're bitter and mad and they're making excuses over that," the over-opinionated Schilling said on WEEI-AM.
The Yanks DO suck this year. I'm not making excuses. They had a great run last year to make it when I didn't think they had it in them. This year, not so much.

I just wish McGwire would invite Schilling into his little fortress of solitude and disappear.

2 comments:

tadthebad said...

So, reveling in the season-ending injury to the QB of your nearest rival = par for the course? Probably over-the-top, but Schilling reflects the viewpoint of NE fans well in this case. However, I, for one, would anticipate similar behavior even if it was 1998 all over again. Am I out-of-line here?

BTW, I can also envision a reverse scenario had Favre or Manning been the QB suffering a season-ending injury.

Jason @ IIATMS said...

Tad, here's my $0.02 on season ending injuries to your competition: as a fan of the GAME, you are bummed. as a fan of a team, you have to be happy that your team will benefit. You'd rather beat your competition on an even field, no question. And yes, this would happen everywhere. Don't think for a second that the good folks in Buffalo, Miami, Pittsburgh, et al, weren't at least boosted by Brady's prognosis.

But to make the awfully long leap from Brady to Yanks Suck is just pathetic and unnecessary.

I work on Long Island, Jets country. No one here was cheering about Brady. They're too busy slathering themselves in their own drool on their newly minted #4 jersey.

I'm a Giants fan so I don't care either way. I'm just happy to hang my 18-1 sign everywhere I can.

And as far as regional spokespeople, glad Schilling is your rep. He'd only further the NY SUCKS thing if he were here. Now he can just further the hatred of the "insufferable BOSTON fans".