Was checking in on the chat at MLBTradeRumors today and someone asked about the Yanks making a 1 year offer to Bartolo Colon.
Q: are the yank looking at bartolo colonHoly fat pants, Batman. Can you imagine those two in the same rotation? Can we come up with some new stats to impress the Bill James crowd, please?
A: I havent heard that but it would make sense. Colon could be a solid signing at the right price.
Of course, Baseball-Reference has them each listed at, ahem, 250 lbs each. If they are each 250 lbs, then I'm the size of your average 5th grader. Bartolo hasn't seen the scale stop at 250 in at least a dozen years, easy.
Who would your Ultimate Fatboy Rotation consist of*? Have at it.
Some suggestions to get you started (additions as noted):
- Walter Young (322 lbs!)
- Jumbo Brown (295)
- Calvin Pickering (275)
- Garland Buckeye (260)
- Rich Garces (250)
- Bob Wickman (212? maybe in High School)
- Bartolo Colon (250)
- Chris Young (250, but at least he's 6'10")
- Jonathan Albaladejo (250)
- Rick Reuschel (235)
- Dick Radatz (235, submitted by Anon)
- David Wells (225? yeah, right)
- Sid Fernandez (230?)
- Sidney Ponson (225?)
* Here is a good list of the best seasons by heavy pitchers. I don't care much for performance; I want guys who would scare a Chinese Buffet owner into closing early.