Friday, November 21, 2008

All I want for Christmas is a 9 digit contract

It must be good to be Mark Teixeira:

"I don't want to put a timetable on it, but Christmas morning, I want to know where I'm going to be for the next couple of years, so hopefully, by Christmas it will be done," Teixeira told ESPN sideline reporter Erin Andrews...
......
Teixeira said that he and Boras are on recon at the moment but will hopefully have a decision to make in the next few weeks. The Nationals, Orioles, Yankees, Red Sox and Giants are projected to be suitors.

"I want to go where I can win and my family is happy," Teixeira said. "Whether it's the East Coast -- that's where I'm from -- but I loved playing in Anaheim, too, so we'll see what happens."

So if he wants to win, he can cross off the Nats, Orioles and the Giants. That leaves the Angels, Red Sox and Yanks. If the Yanks actually pull that Sabathia offer, they can bury Teix under an avalanche of cash.

No comments: