Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Score one for Roger

2/13/08, 10:40am

Sen. Burton CLEARLY is on Clemens' side, skewering McNamee repeatedly. This, to me, is a STUNNING turn.

Burton called/proved McNamee a liar.

Incredible.

UPDATE #1: Jayson Stark captured the give-and-take between Burton and McNamee and it's brutal:

12:14 p.m. ET Rough time for McNamee.
Rep. Dan Burton was all over McNamee, wondering about a question many of us have asked:

Why would he ever have held onto vials and syringes for five years that could implicate a friend?

"He was my employer," McNamee answered.

Burton: "You do this to all your employers?"

McNamee stammered an answer about how he'd "done things before for other people and gotten hurt by it, so I might as well hold onto it."

Burton asked why he didn't give this evidence to the Mitchell investigators immediately.

"Because I felt horrible being in the position I was in," McNamee said.

Burton: "You kept needles for five years ... and kept working for him ... and now you say you felt bad?"

McNamee: "No, sir."

Burton: "My goodness."

Not the pinnacle of McNamee's day.

No comments: