Thursday, July 24, 2008

And then there were three

I can hear the Establishment groaning right now, though I'd LOVE to see it happen.

Tribune Co. is inviting at least three potential buyers who each submitted bids for the Chicago Cubs and Wrigley Field near or above $1 billion to participate in a second round of proposals, according to a person involved in the process.
.....
Included in the second round are Internet billionaire and
Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban; the Ricketts family, which founded the online brokerage that is now TD Ameritrade Holding Corp.; and a group led by Sports Acquisition Holding Corp. that includes former baseball home run king Henry Aaron and former Republican Congressman Jack Kemp. The last group is believed to be teaming with another bidder who submitted an offer in the initial round.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jack Kemp is still alive?

I set up a computer in Jack Kemp's house once. He wasn't there, but his wife was. She was very nice. Lots of pictures of Kemp shaking hands with Reagan, etc.

I know, I know. You're very happy for me.