Monday, July 7, 2008

As if Ponson wasn't bad enough

I'll continue to yell to anyone within earshot: Sidney Ponson has no business being on the Yanks, much less any major league team. But that's not as bad as this: Yanks to check out Victor Zambrano.

Zambrano, who went 10-14 over three seasons with the Mets, pitched for Toronto and Baltimore last season, but hasn't pitched in the majors this year. After being designated for assignment by Colorado at the end of spring training, Zambrano went 0-6 with a 9.45 ERA for the Rockies' Triple-A club.
Please tell me this is a joke, but if it isn't, we might as well wave the white flag and trade off any FA-to-be for any help we can get.

6 comments:

Mark said...

As if Ponson WEREN'T enough. Sheesh, am I the only English major here? :-)

Jason @ IIATMS said...

Ponson is not a person. He is a thing. A bad thing. Hence the "wasn't".

Mark said...

Nope. The subjunctive clause dictates were, not was. Ponson's inarguable thingness has nothing to do with it.

Jason @ IIATMS said...

Harvard, right?

You win.

Mark said...

Haha, nope; an abbreviated career at Northeastern. But I got my smarts through lots of book-readin', not some fancy-pants edumacation.

Jason @ IIATMS said...

Ahh, I have you coming thru a Harvard.edu IP address...

I do miss Boston, having spent a year working up there, shuttling back and forth every week.