Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Kids say the darnedest things

A quick story from last night...


I'm watching the Rangers/Yanks game last night with my boys, ages 8 and 5. They pan in closely to the back of Jarrod Saltalamacchia's jersey. I said "Look how his name wraps around the top of the jersey. He's got the longest name in the game with 14 letters" just before Michael Kay does the same thing. Naturally, the boys looked at me like I am some wizard. (I love that!)

A minute or so goes by and my older son turns to me and says "what about Doug Mientkiewicz*? Or Mark Grudzielanek*?" Smart ass. I spelled 'em both wrong to him, naturally, though I was close. Who knew he even knew who these guys were? He's eight! If he pulled out John Van Benschoten, I would have passed out.



*Yes, I had to check the spelling to make sure I had it right here.

No comments: