Monday, July 28, 2008

For the record: I hate Sir Sidney Ponson

As you know, I have had a hate-thing going for Kyle Farnsworth for quite a while. However, I am removing the hate from Kyle and reassigning all of it, and then some, to Sir Sidney.


I hate him. I'm dedicating a whole tag just dedicated to my disdain for him. Perhaps a Yahoo! Club is next. Hell, it worked for Farnsworthless.
If I hadn't been so damn busy at work the last few days, I'd have written more, but he's the textbook reason why W-L records are no indication of how good or shitty (sorry for the profanity) a pitcher is. Ponson fits squarely in the latter category.

I'll try to get some more on this craptastic pitcher soon. Please bear with me as my work schedule has gotten bonkers (earnings season!).

However, let it be said here, for the record: I hate Ponson and I will not rest until he's oozing his primordial stink on some other club who is fooled by his W-L record.


Note: Farnsworthless just served up a 2 run HR as I typed this. Luckily it didn't mean much.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a long-time Orioles fan, I really want to laugh at your troubles.

But then I remember Ponson in 2004-05, and I just can't hate you because you're so right, even if you are a Yankees fan.

Jason @ IIATMS said...

Jon, I'm not sure what's worse: The number of years spent in Baltimore or the fact that the Yanks took him back after he had a 10+ ERA in his first go 'round with the Yanks.

No matter what, I hope he goes away SOON.

Anonymous said...

As long as he doesn't come back to us . . .

Unknown said...

Jason, look at it this way...the Twins are regarded as THE best talent evaluators in the game...and THEY 'took a chance' on Pudgy Ponsy as well. So don't feel too bad that we did.

If Rasner has a decent start tonight (please, Joe, have Chad catching him!!!), then maybe we can get Kennedy back up (he was great in his last minor league outing) and we'll be able to release Ponsy. Or once we get Jarrod Washedup we'll have something else to complain about (or worse...we get Washburn and they send Rasner down and KEEP Ponsy...yecch).

Jason @ IIATMS said...

I'm OK with giving Washburn a shot, esp if it's only via a salary dump. But no matter what, Ponson must go.

and if you go back and check out the Rasner interview I did here a month or so ago, you'll see that Rasner noted that Moeller was the player he most likely sees managing some day, calling him brilliant. Wonder if there's a reason why Moeller catches him all the time?

Unknown said...

You should have heard me the few weeks there that they had Rosner pitching to someone other than Chad...I was flipping out every single game. I *knew* he pitched much better to him, but somehow Joe and Dave didn't manage to notice it (I guess they *have* been a little busy).

But I still wonder if his decline in May and June had something to do with not being comfortable with Posada and Molina. Not that every pitcher deserves their own personal catcher or anything, but it wouldn't be the first time that a Yankee pitcher has catcher issues...