Monday, January 19, 2009

You ain't never met Martin Luther, the King

(From last year....by request)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

In a twisted honor of MLK day, the audio (if you want the audio clip, email me and I'll send it) and dialogue from one of the great barbershop scenes from Coming To America:

Eddie Murphy: "Ya know, Sweets, I met Dr. Martin Luther King once."

Clint Smith: "You lyin'! You ain't never met Dr. Martin Luther King."

Murphy: "Yeah, I met Dr. Martin Luther King in 1962 in Memphis, Tennessee. I'm walkin' down the street, mindin' my own business, just walkin' along, feelin' good. I walk around a corner. A man walk up, hit me in my chest, right? I fall on the ground, right? And I look up, and it's Dr. Martin Luther King! I said, 'Dr. King!' He said, 'Oops, I thought you was somebody else.' "

Smith: "Aw, man, you lyin'. You ain't never met Martin Luther, the King!"

Murphy: "Knocked the wind outta me! Yes, he did!"

Smith: "No, he didn't!"

Murphy: "Yes, he did!"

Smith: "No, he did not!"

No comments: