Friday, January 16, 2009

Under no circumstances...

If I were Lord Theo, I'd get Papi on the phone and make it more than clear: Under no circumstances will we permit you to play in the WBC coming off your lingering wrist injury.

"I have been swinging some and my injured wrist has not bothered me since last year," he told The Associated Press by e-mail on Thursday. "Just as I promised, if I'm healthy, I will join the team."

Ortiz was on the disabled list twice last season with a partially torn tendon sheath in his left wrist. Doctors had told him to rest over the offseason.
This guy is way to important to your team to have him put himself at continued risk by playing in the WBC.

As a Yanks fan, I'd say: Go for it, Papi!

2 comments:

tadthebad said...

Hey, why don't you just be quiet? Don't you have anything else to write about, like a miracle emergency landing or something?

Then again, once Papi realizes choke-rod will be playing for Dominican Republic, he may well abstain on his own.

Jason @ IIATMS said...

Now, that's funny.