Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Tour of New Yankee Stadium

A blog called Diamond Hoggers has a bunch of new pictures of the New Yankee Stadium. The comments below each ooze homerism, so be forewarned. The kind of dribble that gives Yanks fans their sparkling reputation.

That being said, the place looks nice. The upper and mezz levels are still too "bowl-ish" for me; they were closer to the field/steeper in the old Stadium. It's easy to hate on this Stadium due to the financing snafu's, the opulence, the swagger, the seating prices, etc.... but strip that all away and it looks really good.

4 comments:

Mevs said...

Hey bud. Thanks for the link.

Actually a Reds fan. I like to poke some fun at the Yanks. One can't argue though, the place looks like a palace. And I'd expect nothing less from the Yanks. Thanks again.

Jason @ IIATMS said...

Glad to post it. And I am contractually obligated to mock all homeristic Yankee stuff, for otherwise I'd lose my cred.

And yes, the place looks great.

dinologic (Dean D) said...

The captions on those pics deserved mocking as they were both ridiculous and "manotinous". Ugh.

I've been saying it since they announced that they'd be building a new stadium - the fact that the upperdeck hung over the field the way it did in the old place was a major reason why there was a homefield advantage for the Yanks. Will taking that away have a profound affect on the team's success? Perhaps not. But I don't think opposing players will feel as intimidated by the crowd as they once did.

Good pics though. I can't wait to see this place in action!

Anonymous said...

Great pics....terrible captions. That place looks very very nice.

The best part about it for me is the first two games ever played there will be against the Cubs (my team of choice) and I get to attend the second.