Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Brotherly Love?

Guess someone's not getting invited to Thanksgiving:

"Shortly after I won the Contra Costa Bodybuilding Championships in May of 1994, Mark took the plunge. I accompanied him to Sacramento where we met with my supplier and trainer, who explained to him how the different drugs would work on his body and answered a myriad of questions from Mark. Given Mark’s curiosity and lack of knowledge about steroids I saw from Mark, I would be shocked if Mark did something like what Jose Canseco claimed happened back in the early years....[M]ark began to use, but in low dosages so he wouldn’t lift his way out of baseball. Deca-Durabolin helped with his joint problems and recovery, while growth hormone helped his strength, making him leaner in the process. I became the first person to inject him, like most first-timers he couldn’t plunge in the needle himself. Later a girlfriend injected him."
Looks like there is a McGwire who's here to talk about the past. Not that Big Mac really cares:
"...I’ve heard speculation that Mark will never get into the Hall of Fame. To some that might really get to them. Take Pete Rose. I think he would cut off his left arm to be enshrined in Cooperstown. Not Mark. I don’t think being in the Hall of Fame matters a lick to him."

As for that picture, it looks like lil Mac's head is on the wrong body like a bad photoshoped picture. Yeesh!

Also, I haven't seen this book anywhere else (or even hints of its existence), so maybe Deadspin's pulling a funny...

No comments: