If nothing else, I try to include you guys as much as I can in this silly little blog. I don't want to be the lone voice here all the time, so I try to concoct ways to get you guys involved. Sometimes it's for a good cause like we did with the Charity Challenge. Other times, it's via a good rambling rant emailed to me. So now it's time for another one. This came from the quick, almost scarily instantaneous response I got from FOTB --friend of the blog-- Ron Rollins about what he wants to see changed in baseball.
Here's the topic: You are commission of MLB for one day. You can make one major move. What would you pick and why?
- Eliminate the DH/Expand the DH to the NL
- Eliminate the Wild Card format
- Change the arbitration process
- Eliminate draft pick compensation for Type A/B free agents
- Increase the # of teams making the post-season
- Allow for the trading of draft picks
- Change the amateur draft (no slotting suggestions, include other countries, etc.)
- Eliminate the "All star game winner determines W.S. home field advantage" gimmick
- All playoff start times on weekdays are 7:30pm EST
- Salary cap/floor (remember, must have one with the other)
- Make mandatory all new stadiums must have retractible roofs; must be entirely team-funded
- Pick the next commissioner after Selig is gone
- You cannot: Eliminate any teams; Change the BBWAA rules
If you have your own blog, make sure to provide the URL and any other goodness you want listed (bio, picture, etc.). I can't promise a landslide of hits to your site, but whaddya expect for free?