Tuesday, June 16, 2009

If you wear eyeblack like this...

...you might be a pompous a$$hole. Or worse.

I'm all for this kid doing whatever it takes to get to the majors as soon as he's able. I'm not going to chastise his parents for having him skip his last 2 years of high school if someone wants to pay him major loot. It's no different than having an exceptionally gifted student; let'em be Doogie Howser. What's so marvelous about high school anyways?

The Prom is overrated anyways. Unless you like fake tans (I love me some Oompa Loompas), renting someone else's clothes, overpaying for a limo....

But wearing your eyeblack like you're some badass WWE wrestler tells me you just might be a giant d-bag. I reserve the right to change my mind if proven wrong.

Moving on...

7 comments:

Mark said...

Actually...I think that looks kind of cool.

Which doesn't preclude the likelihood of douchebaggery.

But ya: Kid, wait until you get to the majors. Then it can be your look.

Ron Rollins said...

16 year olds setting fashion trends (you know every kid in the country will be doing it now) and manipulating technicalities to be old before his time.

As the Brits like to say, we've lost the plot!

Mars Schott said...

Agreed, eye black in general is stupid. Painting your face is gay. Almost as bad as flat bills and stickers on your hat.

HIM said...

HIM thinks Jacob got it right

tHeMARksMiTh said...

All the stuff I've read about him and seen him say have already led me to believe he is a douchebag. This just adds to it.

Mark the Spark said...

This kid is being pumped up like the Lebron James of baseball. The only difference is in basketball, one guy can actually dominate the game. It's a lot harder to be "the guy" in baseball. I hope he succeeds but the pressure will be enormous. So maybe being a self-centered d-bag will actually help him, if he is one, that is.

ditmars1929 said...

That picture...it's a joke, right? Please tell me it's a joke.