Monday, October 6, 2008

CC's no fool

Buried at the bottom of this article about the Brewers wanting to make a serious play to keep Sabathia in Milwaukee, CC proves he's no fool by keeping the Yanks (and Mets, by proxy) in the game. Smart move, my man, smart move.

But Sabathia also said, "I'll play anywhere,'' and kept the Yankees in play, saying of New York, "I enjoy that city. They've got a brand new stadium. We'll have to see what happens.''
......
Sabathia took a swipe at the conventional wisdom that says he much preferred to go home to California to play. "All those who say I only want to go back to California to play, that's not true,'' Sabathia said.

He said he loved batting but wouldn't go so far as to say that that preference would eliminate American League teams.

"I'll play anywhere,''
he said.


-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

And I know it's no surprise and nothing new, but sometimes seeing it is an incredible reminder just how disparate the revenues in MLB really are:
The Yankees, whose overall revenue already is at $400 million-plus and will skyrocket next year with the opening of their new stadium...

1 comment:

tHeMARksMiTh said...

I still don't see it being possible that the Yankees won't get him. No matter what anyone says, until I see his name signed to a contract for another team, Sabathia will be a Yankee. I'm not happy about it, but that's what's going to happen.