Sunday, October 5, 2008

Everyone's catching on

Seems that we're onto something!

The Yankees are among the teams with prospects that interest the Padres, although it's not clear whether Peavy would waive his no-trade clause to come to the Bronx.

"Coming off 99 losses, we're going to a little bit of a younger core club," Towers said Friday in a telephone interview. "I guess it's worth at least exploring to see what he would bring back."

Towers said he hasn't yet initiated trade discussions.
Then Peavy's agent had this to say, which really made me laugh (emphasis mine):
It could be that Peavy, who was born and still lives in Alabama, wouldn't approve a trade to the Yankees. Said Axelrod: "I'm not sure how many teams he would approve, but I have no doubt that he would not be Eddie Whitson [with the Yankees]. He could handle the pressure in New York."

3 comments:

tHeMARksMiTh said...

Do 3 posts in a weekend make this an obsession? :)

Jason @ IIATMS said...

Perhaps.

Though, in reality, it portends to a really busy week and me getting a jump-start on it.

tHeMARksMiTh said...

I meant three posts on Peavy. In retrospect, I was not clear.