Saturday, October 11, 2008

Hank's in charge; staff of piss-ants; drives a Dodge Stratus

The Mouth That Roars is at it again, telling everyone that he's still in charge. To me, it's like the old analogy: if you have to call yourself a rebel, you're not a rebel. Or something like that.

"The most important thing to remember is this: If you didn't get it from me or my brother [Hal], it doesn't mean [anything]. I don't care about some piss-ant employee. If you don't get it from me or Hal, it's meaningless. I have a lot of things [in Tampa] and Hal is in New York, which is good."
I just love it when the leader of an organization, ANY company or organization, calls anyone below him piss-ant. Way to boost morale, you obnoxious thug wanna-be. I'd kill to work in a front office of a MLB team but I don't know if I would be able to handle working for this no-talent ass-clown who runs my favorite team. Talk about no respect for the hard-working people working for you.... That's just crap.

Of course, Hank has no problem letting everyone know how much he second guessed the Johan situation, either:
"I should have pushed harder for the [Johan] Santana deal," said Hank, who was talked out of signing Santana by Hal and GM Brian Cashman because they believed the Yankees' talent (Phil Hughes, Ian Kennedy and Melky Cabrera) and the money (Santana signed a six-year, $137.5 million extension with the Mets) was too costly.
You know what, I still think the Yanks made the right long term decision, though it sure hurt this year. The strategy can't be abandoned that quickly without giving it a chance to develop.



On the other hand, this Hank rant totally reminded me of the great SNL skit where Will Farrell rants at the dinner table.
You do not talk to me like that!! I work too hard to deal with this stuff!! I work too hard!! I'm a Division Manager in charge of 49 people!! I drive a Dodge Stratus!!
......
You do not talk to your father that way!! I am a Division Manager!! I can do 100 push-ups in twenty minutes!!

1 comment:

tHeMARksMiTh said...

I think "runs the team" is a fallacy. He just seems like the big baby who screams when he doesn't get enough attention. He doesn't run the household. He just whines all the time and needs his diaper changed.