Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Advertising?!? Ack, my eyes

Got a chance to watch part of the "Opening Series" game (or at least have it on, not really "watching") at work this morning. Besides confirming how much I hate baseball in a dome, any dome, we got to see the proliferation of on-the-uniform advertising that's prevalent in Japan but anathama to the US.

Now, the title of the posting is mostly tongue-in-cheek. I don't get as caught up in this as the Religious Right (Joe Buck, Lupica, etc.) or the UniWatchBlog fans, but I don't particularly care for it either.

Part of this little baseball-in-Japan is to promote the game; the rest of it is a big fat cash grab. It is about the money, stupid. I still don't see those on-the-uniform advertising taking off in the US anytime soon. Otherwise, I'd really start screaming like the rest of the Religious Right at anything that they deemed "new school".

Here are some pictures of the offending logos:


No comments: