Not that I'd blame him one bit, but seems that Sox ace Josh Beckett's back is barking and he's pretty ornery about it. Except that folks are seemingly forgetting his "injury prone" label he wore proudly before last year. Remember the blisters, disk issues, etc. (see bottom of posting)?
"I don't know. If I'd had as much progress from yesterday to today as I did from the first day to the second day, I wouldn't have ruled that out. Today I'm just holding up my obligation (to talk to media). It probably would have been better to talk to you guys yesterday because I was a little more optimistic. I'm in a pretty crappy mood as far as this thing goes because it was a pretty frustrating day because yesterday was good and today's kind of horse(bleep).''
"Yes. We've done a number of tests. There's nothing wrong with the disks, and I think that's what they wanted to make sure of. It's definitely a strained muscle or pulled muscle, whatever you want to call it. It heals when it heals.''
"I was a lot more optimistic yesterday than I am today. A lot of that has to do with being in a (expletive) mood because I didn't sleep well.''
- Will Schilling pitch at all and if he does, will he be any good?
- Will Beckett's back be an issue all year?
- Will Dice-K be any better than he was last year?
- Can Wakefield's balky back hold up to added work?
- Will Colon be able to duct-tape his shoulder together to get anything out of it?
- Will Lester be anything more than a #3?
- Will Buchholz be expected to pitch 200 IP? Can he handle that, if required? He's gotten shelled during Spring Training, FWIW.
- May 17, 2007: Finger injury, 15-day DL.
- May 14, 2007: Finger injury, day-to-day.
- Oct 4, 2005: Missed the last 17 games of the regular season.
- Oct 2, 2005: Missed 8 games to the end of the regular season (shoulder injury).
- Sep 28, 2005: Shoulder injury, day-to-day.
- Sep 15, 2005: Achilles tendon, day-to-day.
- Jul 30, 2005: Missed 14 games (lower back strain).
- Jul 23, 2005: Missed 13 games (oblique injury).
- Jul 15, 2005: Lower back strain, 15-day DL.
- Jul 8, 2005: Oblique injury, 15-day DL.
- Jul 5, 2005: Oblique injury, day-to-day.
- Jun 30, 2005: Missed 13 games (blister).
- Jun 17, 2005: Blister, 15-day DL (retroactive to Jun 15).
- Jun 15, 2005: Blister, day-to-day.