Thursday, March 13, 2008

Shelley Duncan is half-Sasquatch

All of baseball is abuzz about the Rays/Yanks "tussle". I think Girardi's comments made this all possible, but there's a part of me that's happy to see the Yanks showing some fire. I've been complaining for years that the Yanks have been plunked at a far greater rate than they've been doing the plunking. I also think Duncan's move yesterday was excessive and ill-timed. I think the better move would have been to table that anger and save it for the regular season.

All that being said, I think Shelley Duncan is half-man, half-Sasquatch. Just take a gander at the size of his feet! His feet are as long as Iwamura's thigh, for pete's sake! Now, I know he spiked Iwamura in the leg, causing a cut, but the picture below makes it seem that he spiked him near the groin. That's just the end of the play and it looks worse than it was.

What was reallllly lame was the pseudo-tough "tackle" that Gomes attempted. Sprinting in at a 6'5" behemoth, only to drop to your knees as you got close and only muster a shove?

And just because it's fun to remember, take a gander at the autograph Duncan-squatch gave a young Red Sox fan:

No comments: