Monday, March 24, 2008

Yankee Stadium info, tidbits, etc.

A few (off the field, non-personnel related) Yanks things of note this evening:

  1. The Yanks' brass had another chest-pounding moment this evening, posting a press release touting that the team has already sold 3.8million seats for the 2008 season. The team is 400k ahead of last year's pace, due mostly to the fact that this is the final year of the soon-to-be "old" Yankee Stadium.

    Of course, this means getting tickets are tougher than ever. And forget All-Star Game tickets; you need some major luck/connections to nab those.

  2. Speaking of the All-Star Game, if you are in the area or plan on being in NYC during the All-Star Game this July, you might want to volunteer to help out at the Stadium or in some other capacity. Check here for all the options and details. I volunteered and I want to see if I'm picked and what my assignment would be. Hey, free access and free swag is free access and free swag.

  3. Lastly, I'm taking the family on a Stadium tour 9/6/08, one of the last tours available. I have always wanted to see the dugout, lockerroom, etc. so I'll have some great picks to come later this Fall. You can check here to see if there are other dates available, if interested.

No comments: