Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Oy!

This makes my stomach boil:

"I don't know [Manny Ramirez] personally, with the exception of playing against him and on some All-Star teams," Jeter said. "I know he's had a lot of success everywhere he's gone, and it seems his teams have done been pretty good.

"Not too many people have problems fitting in, I don't think."
I know Jeter is being Jeter-like, trying to say and do the right thing (or the things we want to hear). But adding Manny on a multi-year deal is just a bad idea. As for fitting in, the Cap'n sure did a nice job helping ARod get acclimated, didn't he?

And making it worse, Hank wants Manny for all the wrong reasons:
Hank Steinbrenner is believed to covet Ramirez for the marquee value he would bring to the club and a chance to stick it to the rival Red Sox, for whom Ramirez spent 7½ seasons before last summer's messy divorce.
HANK: YOU ARE PLAYING WIN A FREAKIN' WORLD SERIES, NOT TO WIN THE BACK PAGE WARS OR TO TWEAK THE REDSOX, YOU DIMWIT!

Not to mention, on a team with ARod, Sabathia, Burnett, Jeter, Damon, Matsui, Mo Rivera, Joba... do you really need more marquee value? I need to hit something hard.

Way too much bile this early in the morning. Find it in your heart to forgive me.

5 comments:

Mark said...

Plus, I don't know of any Sox fans around here who'd feel all that "tweaked" if Manny signed with New York. Amused, sure. That could result in some epic comedy next year.

Jason @ IIATMS said...

That's exactly my point, Mark. Trying to tweak you/them is a foolish exercise.

That nitwit seems to have forgotten that it's the Sox who have won twice lately, not the Yanks. They are in the position to tweak us, not the other way around.

dinologic (Dean D) said...

It's a good thing Hank doesn't make the decisions.



right?

Anonymous said...

That meantality makes me feel for Yankees fans...

Jason @ IIATMS said...

"meantality"? I like that freudian slip.