Just watched/listened to the Clemens interview on Mike & Mike on ESPN Radio. Time constraints between the almighty commercials kept it brief.
From my notes:
- Why coming out now to talk about this?
- Feels it's "piling on"
- Traveling with wife out of country and wanted to address this before leaving
- Too much "garbage" in the new book
- "Completely false"
- "Trying to move on"
- McNamee claims there is drug paraphrenalia with his DNA on it
- "Impossible because he's never given me any"
- Never given/injected any drugs by McNamee.
- "No HGH or steroids"
- Given DNA to testers "willingly"
- Most of his defamation lawsuit has been thrown out of court
- Rusty Hardin still dealing with it
- "How do you defend a negative?"
- About drug use
- Talks about his family history of heart trouble (EDIT: including his step-father, which is as irrelevant as him talking about my family history)
- "Would be suicidal" for him to have used
- Drugs are "horrible"
- Regarding Pettitte/Knoblauch who claim/admit McNamee gave them HGH, other stuff
- "Andy misremembers"
- Only chatted with Pettitte a few times since, sounds cursory
- On Manny
- Don't know Manny's details
- "We have great testing"
- Story: One during his playing days, he was told to submit to a test. The testing people came to Clemens' house so he could show his son about being tested.
- "Testing is working"
- On ARod
- Glad he came out
- Wish him the best
- On the HOF
- Would love to be elected
- Has no control over the situation
- Stats should speak for themselves
- How should the HOF voters handle those accused?
- "Can't speak for them"
- Should be based upon on field performance
UPDATE: Here is the interview
From FackYouk, who clearly don't buy what Clemens is dishing