Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Awww, Joba insulted NY'ers? He's right

I can't imagine why fellow New Yorkers would be upset about this? Joba's dead right. Is it because we don't like hearing the truth? The truth is, most NYC'ers are rude as hell. There, I said it.

"The biggest thing that I've noticed driving here and there is if you let somebody in, they open the window and say 'thank you,' " Chamberlain said about getting behind the wheel in Nebraska.

"In New York, they might hit you. Yeah, it's a joke."
A few weeks ago, I changed lanes on the Hutch due to a merge. Rather than letting me in, when there was more than ample room, the guy behind me gunned his engine, ran up on the shoulder (there really isn't one on the Hutch, if you aren't aware) and pushed me back into the middle lane before I could move back myself, causing damage to both cars. Ricky Bobby had nothing on this #$%^&(#. Thankfully, no one was hurt. This was the same guy that 10 minutes earlier I witnessed running the righthand lane shoulder to merge onto the Hutch. Wish I had an on-board video camera like the cops because this guy should have his license revoked. Want his license plate #?

It's not the drivers, it's the rude attitudes that foster the "my time/space/stuff is more important than yours" mentality. Can't stand it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay I get why everyone has their panties in a twist over this I guess it's human nature, although I don't agree with them.

Let's put this in perspective, as a whole American's are no longer nice, polite, or friendly. Sad but the majority just aren't. There are nice people everywhere as well as rude people.
I don't believe Lincoln NE has the hold on niceties. I would imagine civic pride would make most areas think they are nice.

I don't think it's any worse in NY than it is in Cleveland or Seattle. (trust me I had to live in Seattle for 2 years those people are anti-social and can't drive for shit)

I have not lived in NYC but for the last 10 years I worked there a couple days a week and commuted to D.C. I didn't find them any more rude my clients in NE or IA.

Unfortunately I had to fly to Lincoln NE to see clients monthly and it's a hell hole. Depressed as all get out. Not much to do but drink. Lots of strip clubs and bars and seediness. If it weren't for the University and their football there would be nothing there! God knows there is no culture to speak of. Damn good steaks though!

I found it more distasteful to dish Yogi but that's just me.