Too bad Bud Selig doesn't have a working Flux Capacitor so he could go back in time about 15-20 years and do this. While the natural cynic in me screams "IT'S ABOUT TIME, BUD!", I will say that I am happy he's finally doing it.
Highlights of commissioner Bud Selig's implementations based on George Mitchell's suggestions of policing drug use in the sport:
- Establishment of a department of investigations for the purpose of examining drug use
- Tip line for team employees to make Selig's office aware of violations of drug, betting and other rules
- Background checks and random drug tests for clubhouse employees
- Logging all packages sent to clubhouses
- Permanent credentials for drug testers
More to come on this, no doubt.