By now, due to my late start, you've heard everything about the new ARod allegations. It's ugly, no matter if it's true or not. Some of the lowlights:
- Alex Rodriguez may have bulked up with steroids as early as high school - and was suspected of juicing while playing for the Yankees
- ...fellow Bombers nicknamed the third baseman "B---h T--s" in 2005.
- ...an unnamed major-leaguer is quoted as saying Rodriguez and steroid-tainted pitcher Kevin Brown were seen together with human growth hormone - HGH - in 2004
- ...Rodriguez's long relationship with Angel Presinal, a Dominican trainer banned from clubhouses after a steroid incident in 2001
- Jose Canseco, an ex-teammate and friend of Rodriguez who accused him of steroid abuse even before last year, believes A-Rod was on 'roids in pinstripes.
"I absolutely think Alex is using HGH," he said. "Probably a combination of growth and steroids."
Canseco said he believes Rodriguez's steroid use goes back to his teens, when he was a high school standout in Miami.
"Was he on steroids in high school?" he said. "I think probably so. I worked out with him when he was 18. He could lift almost as much as I could."
- Rodriguez put on 25 pounds of muscle between his sophomore and junior years, and word was that his connection was a dog kennel owner.
- The 255-page book also chronicles A-Rod's off-the-field escapades: his poker habit; his divorce from his wife, Cynthia; the relationship with Madonna, and dalliances with out-of-town floozies.
- He was even hated at Hooters, where he tipped the minimum 15%
OK, the nickname is absolutely hilarious, in a mocking way of a teammate. From A-Fraud to B*tch T*ts... incredible that he continued to act the same way. Way to miss the hints!
Just think: Another 8+ years of ARod fun.
Hank shoulda let him walk when he had the chance.
If you want a really solid view of this, particularly regarding Selena Roberts, click here for Shysterball's take.