Friday, March 13, 2009

What's the difference?

Jay at Fack Youk asks a great question today:

What's the difference between A-Rod's comments regarding Jose Reyes and Derek Jeter's in reference to David Wright?

A-Rod: I wish (Reyes) was leading off on our team or playing on our team. That’s fun to watch.

Yes, he said he wished Reyes was playing for the Yankees, but listen to Jeter talk about Wright (emphasis mine):

The thing with him, I respect the way he handles himself in New York. I think he shows all the right leadership skills - he leads by example and he's not phony. What you see is what you get from him. It's not an image he's trying to portray; I think that's how he is as a person.

If that isn't a blatant shot aimed squarely at A-Fraud, I don't know what is. (Well, maybe this.)

Well, go over there and get the answer, if there is one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing. To me there is a huge difference. Jeter's seemed mean spirited, and direct. A-Rod's sounded more innocent.

Anonymous said...

Alex K, exactly.
Its like Jeters saying "Ya know that guy on our team he's good(A-Rod) but this guy(Wright), well jeez, look at him. He's awesome!"
Meanwhile A-Rods was more along the lines of "Reyes? Yeah that guy could lead off for my team my team."
Jeter knows what he's doing and he probably doesn't care either cuz he friggin' Cap'n Jeets.